Monday, February 25, 2013

Six Months!

Okay, okay, I'm cheating. Mason doesn't turn six months until Friday. But Friday also happens to be my stud muffin's graduation from A School (can I get a hallelujah!?) and then first thing Saturday morning Mase and I are flying home to Utah to wait for Tanner and Riley to drive our car out. So it's going to be a crazy week, and I wanted to post before I forget to.
I remember when Mason was born people would tell me how time just flies by, and he will be eighteen before we know it. Now I get it. I totally get it. I blinked and half a year has passed and my little baby is sitting up all by himself, has two teeth, is pushing up and balancing on all fours, and is starting to babble and mimic sounds.
Yesterday was our last time to church in Virginia. Mason wore the cutest new outfit we got him on Saturday night. He has outgrown everything we brought for him, and is already wearing 9 month outfits. We got him some "big boy" khakis and a collared shirt and sweater vest. Gone are the elastic pants! I almost shed a tear ZIPPING and BUTTONING my baby's pants up. I was reminded of the little cotton one piece outfit he wore to our first week in church here. So tiny. He is growing up too fast but I love so much watching him learn and grow and develop. He truly is the best thing that has ever happened to Riley or I since the day we got married. I'm so thankful for my two boys I have been blessed with.

At six months Mason likes:
Playing with empty water bottles
Squash, bananas, and carrots
FaceTime with the fam in Utah
His dad (seriously, he is obsessed. You should see the reunion when Riley gets home from work)
The sound of the faucet or shower
Baby Einstein (Noah is the current fave)
Sitting up
Touching Mommy's and Daddy's faces
Peek-a-boo
Being on his tummy
His plush football (future QB?)
Watching his hands
Chewing on his socks and toes

But he doesn't like:
Green beans
Peaches (They give him a tummy ache)
When he can't see mom or dad
The bath (loves showers, HATES the tub)
The car
Sleeping



























No comments:

Post a Comment