Saturday, July 6, 2013

10 month Mase!

Our little man turned ten months earlier this week! Is it just me, or does it seem like the months are just flying by? Every day Mason grows and learns and it seems like the older he gets, the bigger the daily changes.
Mason has been pulling up on things (the couch, ottoman, his crib, laundry baskets, everything...) for a couple of months now, but for the past few weeks he has been getting more and more brave. He now lets go and can stand really well! He's still too nervous to take a step without holding on to mine or Riley's hand, but I'm sure we will have a walker in the next month or so! 
He is also in this new phase where he loves to feel new textures with his cheek. I call it "cheeking". He puts his face on the carpet, the hardwood, the side of the tub. The dog. It's pretty adorable, I must say.
Mason hit a bit of a growth spurt this month as well! He is now wearing 18 month clothes. He has gotten quite a bit taller, but he still has all of his delicious rolls! They are my absolute fave, I hope he has them forever! Not really. But kind of.
I feel so blessed to have such a happy, fun baby. I am never bored with this kid around! He is so quick to smile and laugh. I'm so thankful our first kid is such a joy to have around.
We love our Mason Man!

At ten months Mase does not like:
-Eggs. It's a big dramatic ordeal. Dry heaving, sour face, the works.
-Stuffed animals. He stares for a second and then starts crying. Little creeped out I think.
-Strangers. He still smiles and is super friendly, he just doesn't like to be held by strangers.
- Ed, the sea lion that lives on our pier. Mason just screamed when we walked by. But I don't blame him. Ed is super loud and stinky. I don't like him either.
-wearing socks. As soon as he is dressed and ready for the day, those suckers are gone.
- Broccoli. I can barely get it into his mouth before he spits it right out!

But he loves:
- Being outside! Especially when we walk over by the water. He loves watching the waves and birds.
- Singing. Whenever we sing in the car or at church, or just at home, Mason loves to "sing" along. It's mostly just really loud yelling. But Im pretty sure he has a bright future in the music industry.
- Being naked. As soon as I get his diaper off for his bath or a diaper change, he tries to speed crawl away and make his escape!
- Cheese. String, cheddar, he's not picky.
- Fruit. Strawberries and peaches are the fave but he also loves grapes.
-Being in the backpack
- Garth Brooks and The Beibs. Like father, like son.



















No comments:

Post a Comment