Thursday, December 15, 2011

Rockafeller!!

This past week Riley and I decided to combine our monthly temple trip with the long anticipated "New York Christmas Extravaganza"! I have always wanted to see New York at Christmastime. I pictured myself in movies like Serendipity, Elf, and You've Got Mail gazing up at the huge tree in Rockafeller Center and watching the ice skaters and window shopping at Macy's. And it certainly didn't disappoint! Now that Riley and I somewhat know our way around the city, we were able to make great use of our time and even had time to stop for a Philly Cheesesteak on the way home!
Riley and I have both been getting pretty homesick. Being so far away from family at Christmastime is not ideal, but I'm so thankful that we have each other to celebrate with... And that the tree in Rockafeller Center is close by!

No comments:

Post a Comment