Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Full Term!

Well, here we are! We made it!
Riley and I were talking yesterday about how we never thought this time would come. I remember back on New Year's Day, when we found out we were pregnant, feeling like I had forever to go. And now it's here! Our little guy could technically come any day now! However....
We went to the doctor for our weekly appointment yesterday and she went over our ultrasound results with us. Just as expected, Baby Boy Stewart is measuring way ahead of schedule. His head is in the 74th percentile, which is big, but not ginormous. The concern is with his chubby belly. The abdomen is over the 95th percentile, which means his shoulders are probably pretty broad as well. Our little line backer!
So....
We have another ultrasound a week from today just to touch base. If his growth has not plateaued, we will schedule a c-section then. To be honest, I am totally fine with it. Our little guy being such a tank is really a huge blessing in disguise. Because he will be born a week early, he will have more time to grow, and I will have more time to recover before we fly home for Tanner and Jess' wedding next month. Also, because it is a scheduled procedure, our moms will be able to fly out in time for the birth!
We are so excited! Last night we set up the crib and rocker in our room. I loved waking up this morning and seeing the baby corner just waiting for him to arrive. Two weeks left!! Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hurray!! I'm so excited I can't sleep. Well I can't sleep for lots o reasons, but Baby Line Backer is the biggest season. No pun intended.
    Love you both. Well.... All THREE of ya!

    ReplyDelete