Sunday, December 2, 2012

Practically Perfect in Every Way!

This morning I woke up to a phone call from Riley at work, notifying me that my birthday celebrations would be taking place today (my birthday is not until Friday), and that I would be need to be ready by noon. He gave me a few clues. We had to dress nice, it was a place where you sit down, and we had never done it together. I was stumped. Finally though, when I asked if Mason was allowed to attend or if Riley had arranged for a sitter, he gave in and told me we were going to MARY POPPINS ON BROADWAY!! We did some googling, and found out babies were allowed, and set out on our way.
It truly was my perfect day. This guy knows me well! The show was darling. The costuming was so so cute, the set was awesome, and cast was fantastic. How could it not be? Mary Poppins is my fave!
Mason was a champ! We put cottton in his ears, and wrapped him in a blanket, so I'm really not sure he heard much. He actually slept through most of it, but woke up for "Step in Time" and then went right back to sleep. Riley loved it too. He had never seen anything on Broadway, and his first experience did not disappoint.
After the show, we went to eat at a place called Cookout. We drive by it all the time and it always has a line out on to the street and a police officer directing traffic. So we thought we would go see what all the hype is about. The food was pretty good, and the shakes were amazing!
Thank you to incredible husband for planning my perfect day for me! It has been awhile since I got dressed up, and spent a significant amount of time in public. He really is the best, practically perfect in every way! I'm so lucky!
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment