Wednesday, May 16, 2012

23 weeks, and 2 stitches!

It has been an eventful week around the Stewart household!
For starters, our little beanie turned 23 weeks on Sunday. It's so crazy! These past couple of months have flown by and Baby Stewart will be here in just 3 short months! We are so excited! The baby has been super active lately. It seems like as soon as I lay down at night, he starts doing flips. Riley has gotten to feel a few good jabs. It's so fun seeing his reaction to his son kicking around in there!
We also had a little hospital adventure this week. On Monday night I was making dinner and was trying to separate some frozen hamburger patties. With a knife. Like an idiot.
Anyway, the knife slipped and I gave myself a pretty deep cut. As soon as I did it, I turned around to Riley and as calmly as I could said "Ri, I need stitches." I have never in my life had an issue with blood, but as soon as i looked at my hand, I got super hot and dizzy and nauseated. Yet another joy of pregnancy I suppose! My handsome EMT of a husband was quick to sit me down, get ice on my neck, and assess the damage. After about five minutes of debating whether or not to just glue the thing ourselves, it was decided that with a baby on the way, we had better go get it looked at.
The first hospital we went to had about an hour long wait and with the guy behind me coughing a very flemmy cough, and the woman in front of me trying to cry her way into a room first, my sweet husband jumped into action again. He called the next closest hospital, explained the situation, and somehow managed to get me right in to a room upon arrival at the other ER.
I got two little stitches, and a tetanus shot, which I might add was FAR more painful than the stitches. Through it all, Riley was so sweet and patient with me. I'm sure I was farrrrr more dramatic than was necessary, but he just stayed calm and made sure I was comfortable. I couldn't love that man more if i tried. He really is going to be the best dad.
Here are some 23 week photos... And a few of my nearly severed thumb. Just kidding, it wasn't THAT bad!

1 comment:

  1. You are so pregnant. I love it. That maxi dress, the striped one you are wearing in NYC, is so cute. Where did you get it? And DUR DA DUR! That cut isnt even bad. I thought you severed your finger, you just poked it. Baby Mason must have made you more sensitive. At least you didnt lose your thumb

    ReplyDelete