Sunday, July 8, 2012

Baby Shower!

Last week I was lucky enough to fly home for a few showers with family and friends. It was so so fun to see everyone, and spend time with people I haven't seen for so long. We pretty much got everything we need to welcome our little man in just a couple of months, and we are so incredibly thankful to everyone who came and was so generous.
The first shower was thrown by two of my very dearest friends, Clara and Rach. It was SO fun to get together with all my girlfriends and catch up on each other's lives. There is always so much going on, and everyone lives such crazy lives, but I love that we still make time for each other. And after all these years we still love and support one another. Unfortunately, I was a big loser and forgot to take pictures...but I'm so glad our baby will have so many fun aunties around!
The second shower was thrown by my Mom's cousin, Amy Jake. A and my mom have been as close as sisters for forever, and she has always been very dear to my whole family. Amy was at my house every time I went to a high school dance, she was present at mine and Riley's sealing, and it was so sweet of her to throw such a rocking baby shower for me. Most of my aunts and cousins on both sides of the family were able to come, plus Riley's sweet family, plus all my Mom's cute cousins, and a few neighbors and dear friends. It was quite the crew! Everyone was so sweet and kind and gave such wonderful gifts. I am so thankful to have such amazing women in my life, and thankful that my baby will have so many loving people in his.
Special shout out to my own Mama. She truly is the BEST example of what motherhood is, and I hope so much to be a mom just like her. Our little babe is so lucky to have such a fun Lolly! She is amazingly crafty, and as we all know, a brilliant baker. But recently my mom added quilting to her list of skills. She made the cutest quilt, and slaved over it for weeks. I can't wait to wrap the little punkin in it!
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment