Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Boston

My dad is spending the week in Boston on business and Riley and I have been wanting to take a trip north for quite a while. So we figured with my dad being there, we would take the opportunity to spend some time with him, and see the sights in Boston.
We had such a great time! The city is beautiful. It's so clean and chic, and it has this awesome old world feel, while still being super modern.
The first night we went to dinner with my dad and then walked around and did some shopping. The hotel was right across the street from the mall, so we spent most of our evening there and even got some cookies from Paradise Bakery (which we don't have in Jersey).
The second day we got up semi-early (as early as I can drag my pregnant self out of bed... 9:30) and walked the Freedom Trail. It was awesome to see so many historical sites so close together, and since we walked, we were able to see a good portion of Boston as well. My feet were KILLING me after a couple of hours of walking, and it was starting to get pretty hot. So we stopped for Slurpees (don't get much more American than that) and headed back for lunch with my dad and cousin Tyler. After we ate, we decided it was time to go back to Jersey.
It was the perfect little 48 hour vacation. We saw the sights, spent some quality time together (high quality... I got sick on the way and threw up in Riley's Dr. Pepper. Oops!), and got to see my dad. Well worth the five hour drive!
Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. You are such a super cute pregnant momma! Looks like a fun trip and I bet it was so good to be with your dad! Love you!

    ReplyDelete