Monday, October 8, 2012

Heaven

It is 1:21 am, and my Sweet Mason is struggling a bit with the time change after returning home from Utah. Plus, a nasty case of reflux doesn't help much in the sleep department either. Poor little guy.
But since sleep will not be visiting either of us for a while, I figured I would take the chance to write a few thoughts...
These times are some of my favorite. Certainly not always. I admit that some late night and very early morning feedings and changings are less than enjoyable. And on nights like tonight, I admit its nice to feel needed, to have this sweet little boy just want to be held by his mom. But more than that, it's these times I am able to pause and thank my Heavenly Father for my blessings. I can't help but look at Mason and be overcome with gratitude that God would allow someone as imperfect as me, someone who makes mistakes daily and is still learning hard lessons the hard way, to be a guardian for this perfect little boy. And laying next to him, my incredibly supportive and amazingly patient husband. I don't deserve these two guys, but I'm so indescribably thankful. And somehow looking at those two faces at 1:21 in the morning makes the fact that we are all going to be incredibly sleepy tomorrow seem okay. More than okay actually. Heaven.

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your sweet posts! You are such a great example to me and I miss not being able to see you when we visit my mom! I heart you very much! :) Maybe Christmastime would work out to see each other... send me an email and let me know when you'll be in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You make me get so excited about being a mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a great mama. I miss you all. Lots. So come back. Soon! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete